The short answer is: No, we are not told that in Scripture. Revelation 3:5 never says God blots out any names, only that he will never blot out names of believers in the book of life. It's the book of "life" after all, not the book of "life and death." Daniel also speaks of a "book" with believers'… Continue reading Are names ever blotted out of the book of life?
We have to reconcile Acts 9 with what Paul himself says he did in Galatians 1 after his conversion. Luke says Paul "immediately" began preaching in Damascus after his conversion. Paul says he went "at once" to Arabia and then to Damascus. As T. George writes, "How could Paul have “at once” both preached in Damascus and… Continue reading After Conversion, Did Paul Immediately Begin His Ministry or Go to Arabia?
“And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ.” Ephesians 4:11-12. As many of us know, God gave us teachers to help us study His Word and know Him better. Wise teachers over the centuries… Continue reading Rules of Biblical Interpretation
I think I’ve searched for this post about a dozen times so I thought I would post it to my own blog. There are Scriptures that capture the essence of the gospel and therefore the entire Bible, and I believe are powerful in sharing with others since they mean life if they are believed!
Scripture verses that summarize the Gospel are sprinkled throughout the Bible. Here are some cited by JI Packer in the book, Grounded in the Gospel:
- He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed (Isa. 53:5)
- For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and give his life as a ransom for many (Mark 10:45)
- God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16)
- All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name (Acts 10:43)
- Through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Through him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could…
View original post 463 more words
"But here arises a new question, how can it be that he who has once made such a progress should afterwards fall away? For God, it may be said, calls none effectually but the elect, and Paul testifies that they are really his sons who are led by his Spirit, (Romans 8:14) and he teaches… Continue reading John Calvin on Hebrews 6:4 and Falling away.