This is just a simple post, but somehow I think we Christians all forget this every day. If you had unlimited seeds, how many would you plant? Probably as much as time would allow. Why then do we pray so infrequently? Some seeds grow, some do not, but nothing grows where nothing planted. If God… Continue reading Sowing Prayers
"...take every thought captive to obey Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5. How does one obey Christ? By taking every thought captive. None of us will ever do that perfectly. But it's always a good reminder that, after faith of course, obedience starts in the mind! Thoughts are tremendously important. I don't know about you, but I… Continue reading Some thoughts on our thoughts
The short answer is: No, we are not told that in Scripture. First of all, I should say I believe the "book of life" is a symbol of a spiritual reality. In other words, I don't believe there is a literal book, but some might believe that, and that's okay. Revelation 3:5 never says God… Continue reading Are names ever blotted out of the book of life?
We have to reconcile Acts 9 with what Paul himself says he did in Galatians 1 after his conversion. Luke says Paul "immediately" began preaching in Damascus after his conversion. Paul says he went "at once" to Arabia and then to Damascus. As T. George writes, "How could Paul have “at once” both preached in Damascus and… Continue reading After Conversion, Did Paul Immediately Begin His Ministry or Go to Arabia?
I think I’ve searched for this post about a dozen times so I thought I would post it to my own blog. There are Scriptures that capture the essence of the gospel and therefore the entire Bible, and I believe are powerful in sharing with others since they mean life if they are believed!
Scripture verses that summarize the Gospel are sprinkled throughout the Bible. Here are some cited by JI Packer in the book, Grounded in the Gospel:
- He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed (Isa. 53:5)
- For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and give his life as a ransom for many (Mark 10:45)
- God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16)
- All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name (Acts 10:43)
- Through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Through him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could…
View original post 463 more words