hours minutes seconds
The Day Draws Nigh
“You are a bungling magpie, croaking loudly… You forgot to purge yourself with hellabore while you were preparing to fabricate this lie.” Martin Luther – Proceedings at Augsburg from Vol. 31 of Luther’s Works. (Find more insults with the Luther Insulter)
Hear ye, hear ye! Join us for our fourth annual Reformation Fair as we celebrate the Christian Protestant Reformation that began in 1517 AD. This year is the 505th anniversary. There will be live medieval music, feasting, cider, and much rejoicing. (Huzzah!) Soli Deo Gloria! (Glory to God Alone!)
◉ Saturday, October 29, 2022: 11:00AM-8:00PM
Bring a song, a friend, a quote, a beverage, or something you like to make, to share!
We welcome help! Here are some ways to help out. Click here
• Singing A Mighty Fortress
• Wooden play swords
• Sharing some of our favorite reformer quotes
• Feel free to bring an activity for us to do! Pumpkins to carve? Lead us in a medieval dance?
• Chicken legs
IDEAS FOR YOU:
• Pumpkins for carving
• Homemade Butter
• Homemade Bread
• Caramel Apples
• Cider donuts
• Homemade pies
DECORATIONS / COSTUMES
• Come dressed as a monk or a peasant or a plague doctor, or, of course, your favorite medieval theologian.
• There will be medieval or reformation type art, e.g. the 95 Thesis in Latin, The 5 Solas
• Wooden Swords
We welcome your help!
Here are some
Ideas for Hosting an Art or Craft Table
Music sample – performed by Eric, Sarah (and kids!)